Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Finally, a few pictures for you.  As mentioned before, the children had a grand time on Sunday playing in the excess water run off from our water tanks on the roof.  It only takes a simple thing to bring great delight and they splished and splashed with uninhibited exuberance! 


Dancing in circles.

Waiting their turn.

Oh my, could I be any cuter?!


Love this one!


Samuel is one of the little guys that I get to spend quality time with every day.  He's such a fun four-year-old and now that he's used to spending time with me, he chatters constantly and sings loudly!



Last night at bedtime several of the boys were asking me if they were going to get to go to Canada.  A lot of the children from this particular orphanage are adopted by families from Canada and so it seems all the children associate Canada with having a family of their own.  I told them that I didn't know and it made me sad to realize that some of these precious boys still do not have forever families waiting for them.  I think at this point there are 28 children here and 13 of them, including all the girls, have adoption paperwork in the works.  The rest are still watching their friends leave, wondering when it'll be their turn.  I'm wishing that Haiti's adoption laws wouldn't prevent Jason & I from adopting, because I think I could handle a houseful of ornery little boys.  I might gray young but I'd be willing to take that chance! 


1 comment:

  1. Love reading and seeing what is going on! It makes me feel like I am there with you. =)

    ReplyDelete