Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blessed Rain!

I've been in Haiti for one entire week.  The time has been passing swiftly and I'm trying to commit each bit to memory.  Today it has been raining steadily, for hours.  A great, drenching downpour and it's wonderful!  Here the heat builds and builds until you feel like it's suffocating you and then finally . . . it rains!  Such refreshing bliss!

A glimpse into my life here at the orphanage:  I sleep in a little room with a tin roof.  It cools off nicely at night with the help of a fan but during the day it's sweltering in there.  The mosquito net is to keep not only mosquitoes but also other bugs, roaches, and various vermin at bay.  So far it's been working nicely.  

On Sunday we walked to church with the children in tow. The rest of the day was quiet and relaxing, complete with mocha frappes and spontaneous water fun.  I have some adorable pictures of the kids and their water frolicking but those will have to wait until another day when the internet will upload my pictures at a faster rate of speed.  Until then, I'm going to head to my net encased cot and fall asleep to the sound of the rain on the tin roof.  Ah . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment